Original Pulse, Ping, Auto-tap Mod $177
For Nova Delay (ND-1 original and new iB Modified) Auto tempo send with Master Tap Pro™ Link
- Leverage the internal memory of the Nova Delay to automatically sync the tempo of all other tap tempo pedals on your board.
- By isolating, capturing, conditioning and transmitting tempo from the ND-1’s microcontroller to a modified Master Tap Pro that distributes tempo pulses to other devices in their relative format.
- Modified MTPro™ allows you to activate or deactivate auto pulses as well as manually input tempo into all connected devices (including the ND=1).
- Accurate up to 999 BPM
- Includes the Preset2TapOut Mod
- Availible options with the included MTPro only:
- Simulated preset “Scroll Back”, this zips forward until it lands on the preset prior to that which was last active. (This will not work with any passive switch-set or a simple Preset2TapOut Mod, you must use an active device that dedicated to this quick scroll.)
- MIDI send to pedals that have a built in “Tap” CC comand like Strymon Timeline and Mobius, Line6 M pedals, Eventide H9 and Factor pedals etc.
- Bank up and down sync with the same MIDI pedals above.
- Any MIDI command that can be assigned to a switch. (if there’s enough room in the case for the switches, jacks and circuit board I can do it!)
- Access to other controls on the Nova. By using a multi-pin DIN or RJ45 connection you can have as many functions as there are pins -1.
Note: This same modification can be made to many other delays with presets including:
- Boss DD-20
- Line6 pedals
Below is an example of a custom application of the Pulse and Master Tap Pro circuits:
Preset2TapOut Mod: $60
TC Electronic Nova Delay (ND-1, and iB Modified), Nova Modulator (NM-1)
- New Tap tempo input jack for remote tap and selectable re-assignment of the onboard tap to a dedicated preset scroll (or any other function, up to two via stereo cable) or stock tap tempo input.
- Toggle switch enables the flexibility of returning the tap switch to its original assignment
- Works with your existing momentary foot-switch, or purchase a Master Tap Pro™
- Alternate switch routing available. Example: if using a Nova in a bypass looper, reroute the preset button with the On/Off switch. The toggle on the back would be changed to handle On/Off or return to stock mode.
- Pease take note: this basic mod does not include a separate box with switches or a TRS cable, or automatically include access to the preset scroll via the “ring” of the new jack. A plain finish or textured black external switch set with a passive tap tempo and preset scroll (along with the relevant modification to the Nova) is available for $25, and painted for an additional $10.
The Nova pedals are very robust and great sounding and take modifications well. Most any function accessible to the top can be remotely accessed. If you have a new idea or a unique combination you’d like to explore just ask!
- Nova Repeater
Calvin wanted to have instant access to the Spillover, Kill Dry, Range, Type and Division buttons via footswitches mounted inside his old Mesa Boogie Recto switcher: